Offering You Safe And Convenient Appointments During the Pandemic
At Davidson Hearing Aid Centres, we have put several new procedures in place to ensure that our clinics are offering a safe environment for our clients, our staff and our communities. We are still able to support our clients through both in office appointments as well as contactless curbside services. This will help to limit the number of people inside at the same time. Everyone (including our staff) will also go through a COVID-19 screening process and have their temperature checked with a contactless thermometer prior to coming in. Wearing a mask that covers your mouth and nose is required inside the clinic at all times.
All in office appointments have been extended in length to provide our staff sufficient time to disinfect all surfaces, chairs and equipment between clients.
We are asking everyone not to arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your appointments. When you arrive for an appointment, you will find the front door locked. Please call us or knock when you are at the door and someone will be right out to greet you.
Here are videos and additional information about how our in office and curbside appointments will work:
In Office Appointments
In Office Procedures:
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment
- Call us when you park (knock on the front door if you don’t have a cell phone)
- Someone will be out to bring you in for your appointment
- They will complete your COVID-19 screening form (if not already done over the phone or online) and then check your temperature
- Please ensure your mask is on and you sanitize your hands with the automatic dispenser as you come into the clinic
- We will escort you out of the clinic when we are all done, open all doors and lock the front door behind you
- Call, email or use our website LiveChat to schedule a curb-side appointment.
- When you arrive, please stay in your car and call the number posted on our front door (different for each location).
- We will ask for your license plate and/or a description of your car.
- We will come out to your car wearing a mask. Please place your hearing aid into our repair tray. We will disinfect it right away.
- We will go inside and repair the device.
- We will return the hearing aid once finished (usually 5-15 minutes).
Order Batteries and Parts From Home
To order batteries, filters, accessories, tubings, cleaning supplies, etc, please visit our new online shop. You can also call or email us and we would be more than happy to mail them out to you.
Specific COVID Impacts for the Hard of Hearing
How the pandemic is creating additional barriers for the hard of hearing
Presentation from the Ottawa Hearing Show: COVID-19 has had many implications on how we live our day to day lives. For those with hearing loss, some of the things that are minor inconveniences for others have become major stumbling blocks. This presentation was created for the 2020 Virtual Ottawa Hearing Show and covers some of the issues specific to the hard of hearing that we have seen over the first 6 months of the pandemic. We will also cover some coping mechanisms and tips to help reduce these impacts.
See more at www.ottawahearingshow.com